Talent Attraction Program [TAP]
The Tobacco Commission recently launched its Talent Attraction Program to help develop an educational workforce committed to the Tobacco Region’s future.
You maybe eligible to receive up to $12,000 annually in student loan replacement with a two-year commitment to live and work in the Virginia Tobacco Region in targated, hard-to-fill occupations. Loan repayment awards may be renewed for another 2 years if eligible for a maximum award of $48,000!
Application Deadline: March 15, 2020
Eligible Occupations Include:
- Public School Teacher in Science, Math, Technology/Computer Science, or Career and Technical Education (Grades 6-12)
- Public School Special Education Teacher (K-12)
- Speech Language Pathologist, Physical or Occupational Therapist
- Industrial or Electrical Engineer
- Information Security, Network, or Computer Systems Analyst
Visit https://www.revitalizeva.org/ to find out more.
Health Occupations State Loan Repayment Program [SLAP]
TRRC has partnered with Virginia Department of Health who currently manages the SLRP program, which targets hard-to-fill health occupations in our region in order to improve and increase access to quality healthcare. They allow up to $140,000 in loan repayments over a 4 year period in specified healthcare occupations. Individuals approved for this incentive will be required to work in federally designated Health Professional Shortage Areas within the Tobacco Region, have to be board eligible or certified and will be required to live in the Tobacco Region as well.
Eligible occupations include:
- Nurse Practitioners
- Physicians Assistants
- Dental Professionals
- Mental Health Professionals
- Registered Nurses
Applications accepted through March 31. Click here to learn more.